xTuple ERP - The Versatile Smart Choice for Open ERP Systems
xTuple is a fully-integrated end-to-end software system for a large range of businesses and industries. xTuple includes the following:
- Accounting (general ledger, accounts receivable and payable, bank reconciliation, financial reporting)
- Sales (quotes, order entry, sales reporting, shipping)
- CRM (universal address book, incident management, opportunity management, to-do lists, project management)
- Purchasing (purchase orders, receiving, vendor reporting)
- Product Definition (items, infinite-level bills of material)
- Inventory and Distribution (multiple locations, other advanced warehouse features)
- Light Manufacturing (work orders, strong support for make-to-order)
- OpenRPT open source report writer
The back end database is postgres, which is a cousin of Oracle's database. The support model for xTuple being an open source product includes the entire user community which often contributes shareware and other ideas to the product's development.
Postbooks is a free, source code provided version of xTuple which is limited in the number of users supported and does not have all the sophisticated manufacturing modules. But it does have the basic financial modules and a CRM package linked to it, so it is quite useful.
- It can be used as a trial to see if xTuple will be something that will work from a feature/platform point of view
- It can be used as a complete accounting/CRM system for smaller companies.